Pokemon Black Night

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

pokemon role play for all the game versions in existence

The new beginning

LeWildOpal
    LeWildOpal

Character sheet
    Role Play Rank: pokemon trainer

The new beginning  Empty The new beginning

Post by LeWildOpal Mon Jul 31, 2017 9:20 pm

Catherine sat in the kitchen her mother making breakfast. The smell of food was comforting as she sat there staring at nothing. It has been a month since dad passed away but it felt like an eternity. She had cried so many tears that her eyes couldn't produce anymore no matter how sad she got so most days she just sat and stared at the claw fossil in her hands feeling nothing. Today they were having pancakes with Combee honey and a glass of momo milk. As the fluffy pancakes were placed before her and before the first drop of honey hit them a knock came at the door. She looked over in confusion adjusting her glasses a bit. No one ever knocked on the door. Did mother get something delivered? She wasn't the type to make friends and have them come over before she was done with her chores and Catherine didn't have any friends either. Her mother dusted off her apron and messed with her blonde hair a bit then answered the door.
    "Oh hello, professor!" She greeted a small smile coming to her face. Professor? Catherine wondered. What was the professor of Littleroot town doing up here and at this hour? She had seen him from time to time studying Pokemon in the wild but he rarely came to town unless he needed supplies from the near by Pokemart.
    "Hi there Megan, is Catherine home?" he asked.
    "Why yes she is we were just having breakfast come in." she invited. The professor sat down across from Catherine and her mother placed a serving of pancakes before him. He thanked her and grabbed a butter knife and fork and cut a piece for himself. Before placing it in his mouth he looked at Catherine and looked at the claw fossil on the table next to her. He smiled softly before saying
    "that's a lovely fossil, my dear. Did your father give it to you perhaps? We used to work together he and me." Catherine only nodded and began eating her breakfast.She remembered her father mentioning the professor before but she never cared to pry she only cared about the cool rocks at the time. The professor continued "Your mom asked me to come and show you something so maybe we can go after breakfast." Catherine again looked confused and looked over at her mom. Her mother only smiled and turned returning to her task of making pancakes.
    "ok.." Catherine said slowly.

Wc: 413

Last edited by LeWildOpal on Mon Aug 07, 2017 3:42 pm; edited 1 time in total
    LeWildOpal
    LeWildOpal

Character sheet

The new beginning  Empty Re: The new beginning

Post by LeWildOpal Sat Aug 05, 2017 3:46 am

Catherine stepped out of her house following behind the professor, she hadn't been out in ages it seemed like. Ever since her father died she just stayed upstairs in her room most days. The professor looked back at her "Now, Catherine I want you to follow me through route 101 and make sure not to go into the tall grass just jump over the ledges and follow close behind. Also, make sure you bring that fossil along with you." The professor turned and began walking the path toward little route town. Catherine followed close behind and wondered what the professor wanted with the fossil. Was he going to take it from her? There was no way that she would let that happen. "professor.." Catherine began before being stopped suddenly with a hand in front of her face and a shushing sound. The professor had stopped and put himself between Catherine and what looked like a wild Poochyena. She had sketched the Pokemon before but Poochyena's were often feisty and brave making them harder to get close to before being chased off by a pack of them. The professor dug into his pocket and pulled out a Pokeball and tossed it revealing a Torchic, one of the 3 starter Pokemon that he would give to new trainers. Catherine had never seen one up close! She tsked softly while she dug into her bag realizing she left her sketch book at home. The professor made quick work of the Poochyena with a couple of embers out of the Torchic. Catherine was feeling something she hadn't felt in a long time, passion. She had forgotten all about her dream to be a trainer and study Pokemon. The professor continued walking down the path but stopped just before reaching the town and turned to Catherine.
    "The reason I'm bringing you here Catherine was that your mother asked me too she couldn't bear seeing you so down for any longer but I see now the real reason..you have a fire in you, a fire that I had in myself long ago. The way your eyes looked when you watched me battle those are the eyes of a true trainer dear. As for why I had you bring that fossil..." He turned again and beckoned for Catherine to follow as he led her through the small town to his lab. He opened the door for her and she was greeted by white walls all around her with aids working at computers or at machines and books scattered all around. He walked her to the back of his lab where Pokeballs sat on a table and a large curtain covered something. He placed what she assumed was Torchic's Pokeball next to the others and grabbed the thick curtain with his hands. He pulled to reveal a large machine. He extended his hand to her and stated: "Now the choice is yours dear will you trust me and hand over the fossil or will you back away and cowered from the world again?" Catherine looked down at the fossil then back up at the man standing before her, the fire came back into her orange eyes as she handed the fossil over to him.

wc:540
    LeWildOpal
    LeWildOpal

Character sheet

Post by LeWildOpal Sun Aug 06, 2017 7:14 pm

The professor took the fossil from Catherine and placed it in the machine. The machine closed hiding the fossil from view. A loud buzzing sound happened followed behind a strange wet dripping sound. The professor turned to her and stated: "This might take a little while so why don't you go take a walk around the town and come back after looking around." He then turned back to the machine and continued his work. She wasn't quite sure what was going on but she shrugged to herself softly. As she left she couldn't help but look back as she parted with her treasure.
    Catherine walked out of the cool lab into the blazing mid day. I was often quite hot in Hoenn and honestly, Catherine hated it. She walked over near a house and sat under one of the many trees lining the outside of town. She closed her eyes for a bit enjoying the shade of the tree but not long after she was disturbed by a noise. A loud obnoxious young boy came out of one of the homes, he was tall and lean and looked to be around 16-18 years old. He wore jeans and a red t-shirt. His hair was a dusty gray like volcanic ash. He paused his chatter and looked over at Catherine with bright purple eyes. "Oh hey! who are you and what are you doing sitting against MY tree?!" he squawked. His mannerisms reminded her of some kind of dumb bird that would rather woot and flap its wings from the nest rather than fight a predator off from its territory. She lifted herself from the tree and placed a hand on her hip. "Whats it to you?" she mused. He scoffed "Listen here you.." He was interrupted by the professor calling both of them over.
    "I see you have met Steve here he just moved in last week and is also becoming a trainer today." Cathrine looked over at Steve and wondered just what kind of trainer this bird brain would be. The professor drew their attention again. "Catherine if you would please open up the machine I had you put your fossil in as for you Steve you can come over here and pick one of the starters from Hoenn." Cathrine looked over at the machine and as she got closer she heard a scraping sound that suddenly startled her. She carefully and nervously opened the lid to find two big eyes staring back at her. It was a small Anorith. She gasped softly in surprise. That rock that she held onto for so many years was now a living being in front of her. She gently reached out to the Pokemon but it shuffled backward and hissed a little. "Looks like he's a feisty one Catherine you're going to have to prove yourself to him." The professor noted. As for Steve, he was getting to know the Torchic he had picked out by petting its head and talking to it. "A bird for a bird.." she thought.

Wc: 514

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 6:36 pm